Policy Open Access
Accepted articles will be published online for free public viewing. Open access publishing ensures that the article reaches the widest possible audience. All articles will be available Open Access, as defined by the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY), which serves as the standard Open Access terms. Everyone will be able to read and download all articles immediately and indefinitely.
Open Access Benefit
- Discovery has been accelerated. With open access, researchers can freely read and build on the findings of others without retriction.
- Enrichment of the public. A large portion of scientific and medical research is funded by the government. Taxpayers can see the results of their investment thanks to Open Access.
- Education has improved. Open Access means that teachers and students all over the world have access to the most recent research findings.
Open Access Process
All articles will be available Open Access, as defined by the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY), which serves as the standard Open Access terms.
There are four primary mechanisms for enabling Open Access:
- Open Access Publishing: Articles are free to all interested readers, and no financial or copyright barriers exist between the readers and the article. Open Access publishing is the fastest growing segment of the scholarly publishing market. The Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) provides a comprehensive list of Open Access journals.
- Authors can choose to deposit their research articles in digital archives/repositories that adhere to the Open Archives Initiative (OAI) standards and allow readers to freely access and fully reuse the article text. This enables any author, regardless of the journal in which the article is published, to make their work available under Open Access conditions. The Directory of Open Access Repositories (OpenDOAR) lists over 2,000 open Digital Repositories from around the world.
- Author Rights that are Effectively Managed: Authors have the ability to ensure that their article is accessible and usable by the broadest possible audience. Addenda to traditional Copyright Transfer Forms are readily available, time-tested resources that can assist you in understanding open licenses and publishing your articles under full Open Access conditions.
- Open Access Policies at the Local, National, and International Levels: Institutions that support research, from public and private research funders to higher education institutions, can implement effective policies that support making Open Access to scholarly research articles the default mode for their researchers.